WeddingWire, a leading online vendor listing website, has provided a fascinating infographic on how the bride and groom's wedding planning has changed over the last 10 years. Many HootBooth Photo Booth clients have seen these changes first-hand. For new photo booth business owners, the information is insightful in understanding one of your most important customers - the bride and groom.
Here is a list of the most important items noted in the infographic:
- Both brides and grooms are older when they marry vs. 10 years ago
- The average engagement period is longer; it was an average of 8 months but now it's an average of 1 year!
- Couples spend more hours per week planning their wedding vs. 10 years ago AND they are using social media and apps to assist with wedding planning.
- Today's couples go online to research vendors vs. 10 years ago when research was dominated by word-of-mouth referrals
- Nowadays, couples prefer to text or email their wedding vendors instead of chatting on the phone
- On average, Fall is now the most popular season to get married as opposed to Spring.
- Couples hire TWICE as many vendors today (an average of 13 vendors) vs. 6 vendors ten years ago.