Read these instructions if you've purchased a HootBooth® ILLUMIN8 photo booth that includes our wireless printing feature.
SETTING UP WIRELESS PRINTING FOR THE FIRST TIME
Once you've installed the photo booth software app, go into your Apple iPad's 'Settings' menu to finish the wireless printing setup. You can watch the video or read the instructions below.
1. On the iPad, go to the 'Settings' menu, then tap on the 'Wi-Fi' settings
2. Connect to the 'AirCastPro' WiFi access point: SSID: AirCastPro Password: aircastpro
3. Open a web browser on your iPad, enter: AirCastPro.local or the IP address of 192.168.4.1 and use the 'Administrator' link.
4. Now, you'll need to connect your iPad to the 'External WiFi Network'. To do this, click the edit icon located next to the WiFi address (top-left) of the General Settings page. Select your WiFi network from the list and enter your password (if required.)
5. To save these settings, you'll need to restart your iPad.
CONNECTING THE PRINTER
1. Connect the printer via the supplied USB cable to the AircastPro in one of the available USB slots. (pictured below) Please note that one slot is already taken up by the wireless dongle which should remain in place.
VERY IMPORTANT: ALWAYS PLUG THE PRINTER INTO THE SAME USB PORT. MOVING TO ANOTHER USB PORT WILL CAUSE THE PRINTER TO STOP WORKING.
2. Power your printer on.
ADDING THE DYE-SUBLIMATION PRINTER TO THE AirCastPro
1. On your Apple iPad, go to the AirCastPro settings in your browser.
2. In the AirCastPro General Settings page, use the Plus (+) button located directly below the Printers listbox to add the printer. Note: if you purchased your Apple iPad tablet from us, this step may already be completed for you.
IF YOU ARE CONNECTING TO A PUBLIC WIFI NETWORK
IMPORTANT: If you are attempting to use a public WIFI service that requires an authentication page, the AirCastPro will not work. We recommend using a personal hotspot or phone set up as a hotspot.
CONNECT & CONFIGURE
WIFI NETWORK CONNECT
Q: Where do I go to setup my AirCastPro?
A; Once you have joined the AirCastPro wireless network open your browser and go to http://192.168.4.1
Q: I setup my printer with AirCastPro but I can no longer print. Why is this?
A: The most common cause for this is changing the USB port your printer is plugged into. Remove and re-add your printer by going to the setup and configuration page at http://192.168.4.1
Q: I am having trouble connecting to my mobile hotspot. What can I do?
A: We recommend removing any special characters and spaces from your hotspot name (SSID) and password. Also, ensure the external wifi dongle is inserted fully into the printer's port. IMPORTANT: If you are attempting to use a public WIFI service that requires an authentication page, the AirCastPro will not work. We recommend using a personal hotspot or phone set up as a hotspot.
Q: What is the best setup for printer pooling?
A: If you have two different printers, always add the fastest (primary) printer first. Also for printer pooling to activate you need to send several photos at one time.
Q: The external wifi dongle does not appear to be working. What do I do?
A: Ensure the printer dongle is fully inserted into the printer's port.